Monday, December 5, 2011

Head to Toe: Leopard

Head to Toe: Leopard



Winter in NYC involves a verging-on-depressing sea of black pants, black coats, black gloves (you see where I'm going with this). I can, shamefully, include myself in the all-noir clad mass of city dwellers. Something about the chilly months from October to February forces my hand towards my staple charcoal skinnies and black wool Elie Tahari coat almost every morning (similarly to how my feet seem to walk me into Starbucks every morning). When I see myself in head to toe sable for weeks on end, I have one sure-fire cure. Nothing pumps up a dull cold-weather outfit better than leopard accessories, but because of the gradients of color in the print, it can successfully be utilized as a neutral in your wardrobe. 


Jessica Alba showcases this trend de jour with her Tolani leopard infinity scarf, that easily adds punch to her lazy day jeans and tank top look. A nice alternative to the Tolani is this Michael Kors version, which adds a unique red tone to the ubiquitous print. Banana Republic makes a fantastic pair of leather gloves that also highlight the print without sacrificing toasty fingers.


When all else fails, I look to shoes. You can't walk for a second down Park Avenue without catching a fleeting glimpse of leopard hitting the pavement. These on-trend Aldo slippers are perfect with skinny jeans and a sleek white blouse, while these vertiginous booties by House of Harlow and Fergie can spruce up your favorite LBD in no time. An animal-print purse provides the same subtle pop- Badgley Mischka and ASOS make great options which are surprisingly affordable and definite cocktail-time musts!


Style maven Joanna Hillman shows spots don't have to be contained to accessories. Just check out her neatly tailored leopard coat from Zara, which she expertly paired with a nautical-inspired striped shirt. What could have been an over-the-top look seems exceedingly wearable, as Hillman pairs her outerwear with classic navy trousers and luxe brown leather accessories. The classic and sophisticated separates keep her ensemble from looking too trendy- I think the coat would also pair nicely with the pieces from my Olivia Palermo-inspired post.


If leopard still has you running scared, pick up Too-Faced's series of printed bronzers that will have you looking sunkissed in seconds. Whichever way you decide to wear this style, leopard print will have you looking simply prrrfect this winter. 




See my polyvore set here for the full list of products. 

No comments:

Post a Comment