Thursday, December 1, 2011

Current Obsession: Cleansing Oils

OIL??!? ON MY FACE?!?!?! You heard me. It may sound crazy, but I am a complete facial oil convert.While making my vinaigrette the other day, I even found my gaze wandering longingly towards my bottle of Extra Virgin. Consider me obsessed! My current fave is the Lancôme 'Huile Douceur' Remove-All Deep Cleansing Oil, which claims to "instantly dissolve even waterproof face and eye makeup". It literally is a miracle worker for removing the last traces of my daily smokey eye. I take two pumps onto my fingertips and gently massage over dry (this is important!) skin, concentrating on my eyes to remove my intensely stubborn L'Oreal Voluminous Millions mascara and Bobbi Brown gel liner. Be gentle though- you never want to rub or scrub around your eye area. Just by softly running your fingertips over your lashes, your mascara should flake off. Honestly, that step is almost alarming- it looked like black soot had fallen all over my face. There was no oily residue or sticky sensation after-the-fact, but there was an "ICK" reaction in my brain that forced me to follow-up with another face wash (I used a gentle Aveeno foaming cleanser). At $35 the price tag is steep for a cleanser, but I would repurchase based on the hours (well it feels like hours) it saves in mascara removing time. And when I have a full night of CW television, every minute counts!


For your face, not your salad.

Stats:
What you pay- $35
What you get- 6.8 oz
Where you buy- Nordstrom, Macys, Bloomingdales, Sephora
What you do- Apply 1-2 pumps to fingertips and massage onto dry skin. Close eyes and spread over lashes to dissolve mascara. Emulsify by adding lukewarm water, then rinse thoroughly.
Other stuff you should know- Noncomedogenic, scented
Zest Official Rating- 4/5. Beautiful product that lasts forever and works perfectly at dissolving even the most stubborn mascara, but is it is fairly expensive and often requires a follow-up step with a regular cleanser.



Disclaimer: I have combination skin. My forehead and cheeks are usually really dry, while my nose and chin can get oily throughout the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment