Thursday, December 22, 2011

Current Obsession: Stains

I hate lip gloss. **Pauses for reaction** I know, I know. I used to be a junkie (I have the box full of tubes and pots to prove it), but lately the necessary reapplication, the nauseatingly sticky feeling, and the prerequisite feathering have all but put me off my glossy lunch. Enter: Bobbi Brown's Pot Rouge for Lips and Cheeks. This product is fantastic for a plethora of reasons. Firstly, for you low-maintenance ladies, the stain simplifies your morning routine by shrinking the number of products you need and allowing you to quickly create a polished look. The tiny pot fits into any size bag, and you can reapply if necessary during the day without using a mirror. Reapplication will probably be unnecessary, as the color has truly fantastic staying power, especially if you take your time to work in and build up the color. No need to start with a pile of product- simply dab your finger into the color and then dab onto your lips and cheeks. Honestly, it's that goof-proof. Lastly, this product will last you past its expiration date. I have had my stain in Pink Truffle (I prefer a darker color for a stain, because it is more versatile as you can dab lightly for a soft finish or build the color to an intense lip) for about a month, and there is barely a dent. This type of product tends to look more natural than powders, as it blends more easily into your skin, rather than sitting on top of the skin. Translation: You will look effortlessly beautiful and put-together throughout your day!
Stats:
What you pay-$24
What you get-0.38 ounces of love that will last you forever
Where you buy-Sephora, most department stores
What you do-Dab, dab, dab on lips and cheeks! And work quickly, using the warmth of your fingers or a soft brush to blend.
Other stuff you should know- Only comes in 5 colors, but they are widely flattering. Other options include Laura Mercier's Lip Stain (Mulberry is my current favorite, and while it may look frightening in the pot it is exceedingly wearable and easily buildable) and Benefit's famous Benetint
Zest Official Rating-5/5! This is holy grail status for me, both in terms of a lip and cheek product.

No comments:

Post a Comment